Thursday, May 27, 2010

PHOTOS :) :)

Hello Everyone.
So, I FINALLY managed to put some pictures up!!!!!!!!!
....BUT...The problem now, is that they all start at the bottom and the most recent ones are at the top...so go to the bottom and I'll tell you the story about them all..... :) (Comments are at the bottom of the pictures)


For those of you who are commenting, thanks so much. I am glad to hear from home.

So, another thing I should say is that plans have changed, and I am no longer going to live in a hotel. Philip's family has asked that I would stay at his house for the whole time! WOW. They are just great. So, I will be a part of the family, nothing like getting in with the culture!

I don't even know what else to write. Most days are slow, but when we do something it's fun, it's hot, and doesn't last long because of the heat haha. I spent a few hours skipping with Mariama the other night, wow, nothing like getting a workout. I think it beats hot yoga anyday!!haha. The day that Philip and I went out, we had to sit at the bus station for about 15 mins in the little "tro-tro" to wait for it to fill up before we left for home. This was the hottest ever!! It was no breeze and tucked in nice and tight with others haha. THere's people going around the bus all the time, trying to sell you something. Most commonly is 'pure water,' 'fried plantane,' and PK and Hankies. PK is gum. Then you just give them your money out the window and they give you the product. Anything you might need while you're out, you can pretty much get it.
Anyways...better send this away before the power goes out!! haha. How frustrating would that be after all these picutures got loaded.
The girls and I are off to the worker's bach to have lunch there today...then we're going to go to a Gospel mtg with them after that, so will be out most of the day. I enjoy having plans.

I talked to one of the friends here, and she runs a volunteer program, so she's also going to look at getting me something to do to pass my days. She works in a school, but might also try something for me at a medical clinic...

Ok, Hi to all back home, and I'm loving life here :) Miss ya!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Start at the bottom and work your way up...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This was us when we got home from our Day....Tired, but was so great.


Then we went out for lunch at "Frankie's"
This is the first "western" food I'd had in a long while!! Wow, this burger was the best I'd ever tasted haha. Might be that I was missing French Fries also, so so good!!


Just relaxin, enjoyin the breeze off the ocean.


At the Ocean....So so nice!


Yup, just a little camera happy :) My usual drink is the green one you can see in the corner. It's called "Alvaro" and it's a fizzy pear drink. YUMM


Having a drink along the waterfront.


So.....on Tuesday, Philip and I had a "date day". He took me to an incredibly beautiful beach resort where we could walk along the ocean and hang out and just be together. This is us before we went. He was quite impressed with his outfit I brought him, and saved it until this day :)


The Taylor himself...haha. He needed to take in his pants a little, so pulled up to the machine and just did it! See boys, it's possible!! HAHA


This is how they do it...All the laundry is done by hand. One gets strong fast :)


Mariama (said Marium) lives at the house also. She is a8 I think. A real cutie, and she has become my good little friend.


The group of us with cool shades


Okay, so Auntie Teiko took out a box of frames that someone had given them, as her son needed some glasses......so........we decided to take a little photoshoot in the new glasses :) I kinda like these red ones, but Ami, I'm not sure about your round ones haha.


This is Seetu....my other buddy :) He did remember me from last year though, so that was cool.


Philip and his little buddy, Yvonne! She is adorable..my buddy too :)


Esther and I made cookies..were really sweet for these people, but they did get eaten. It was a bit of an adventure trying to find all the ingredients. But, they were still yummy!


One evening before meeting,
notice my sunburn a little :)


On the way back from the beach, we saw these cute little kids coming home from school. They all wear school uniforms here.


Philip, myself and Esther on the rocks by the beach.


Philip's sister Ami and I :)


The Girls and I at the water

Yours Truly :)


Esther and Ami at the waterfront, looking over the edge at the sea crabs.


Beautiful beaches


Philip, Ami and Esther and I went to this beautiful beach resort one day. We hung out, took pictures and had drinks by the water. Ahhhh....so beautiful.


We drove by the Teaching hospital, looks like a nice place.


I brought some chocolate from Canada, and because there are 11 people living in their house, it gets split ever so evenly :) This is Vincent's sister, Auntie Teiko.

Hanging out in the evening, this is where we eat.


Esther, myself and Ami went for a drink at a little air conditioned place by their house, called "time square"

This is the yard at their house, with clothes on the line :)


This is Auntie Teiko, inside the shop.

Vincent making "trousers"


This is one of the really cool sewing machines that they have. These are mostly hand run. No electric pedal, just use the handle at the side and it makes it run.

Philip's Dad, (Vincent) and Auntie (Koyo) working,
They make and sell clothing.


This is Matey, Philip's brother, in the kitchen in their home.


Philip and I
(There will be a few of these )

Carlyn and I, in front of a picture of the mountains :)

Martin and Carlyn were so kind and brought me to the airport. Thanks guys! :)

4 comments:

  1. Okay - I sent a comment and it ended up at the end of a completely different post. Weird. Anyhow - thanks to sticking with it and getting pictures on here. Good to see faces to go with the names. Looks beautiful there - those beaches and the sun shining!! Not here. Snow today on the Longview road.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Leah Mom and I are at Ainsworth. The water here is warm too *** just like there** haha,, hey not trying to be fussy but would be very nice to have a pic of Philp's mom. Anyway sounds like time is going good. Mom goes out to Sask. tomorrow then as soon as she gets back we go to Kelowna. Then to Ronan Conv. busy busy...

    Love mom and dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. Leah! your pictures look great! Im glad your having fun there! keep up the pictures (when you can)!
    -J

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leah! Awesome pictures! You look SO good! Glad to see you looking so happy. Not too much new here at home. Tommy went bear hunting this last weekend and I caught a fish so that's about the extent of our recent adventure:)
    Miss you but glad you're having fun.
    Love you lots,
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete