Monday, May 17, 2010

Made it...safe and sound!!

HELLO,

I survived the flight, it sure was long, but I'm glad to be here now.............
I am writing you from the Internet cafe in Accra, Ghana! Philip and I just walked over here, it's close to his house.
Wow, it's weird that I'm here. I've waited for this for so long, and now that I'm here, it's all that I've wanted and more..and I've only been here for 2 days :) I feel so lucky!

It has been awesome to get to see people that I had met before, and to meet new people. I am going to tell you their family's names...so if I talk about them you'll know who I mean. Philip's Dad is Vincent, Mother is Betty, and sister is Ami (said Amy) and cousin Esther, and brother Matey. Last time I was here, I didn't get to meet Philip's Mom, Betty. However, I met her the first night here and she's such a sweet lady. I have been spending the past couple days with Philip's family, and enjoyed it so much. They have asked me to stay with them the next 4 days, until the hotel in another area is ready for me. They sure are welcoming people. I had been at a hotel down the road 4 mins walk, for the past 2 nights.

Ami and Esther and I have had a lot of fun together. They are so cute and I enjoy their company so so much. They have agreed that one of these days when they don't have classes, and it's nice out that they will take me to the beach. I like the way these girls have fun :) :)

It rained here today, so it's nice to cool off. Even though the Africans are going to put jackets on, I am loving the cooler breeze...and by cooler I mean it went from 32 degrees to 28degrees with the rain. It is HOT HOT here. I am doing okay though.

The food is ok so far, I had a little funny feeling in my tummy yesterday, but I think it was from the porridge somehow, but it will be good to go now on. I explained that I need to eat little bits, and not lots, as they want me to load up my plate.haha. I can't be impolite, but I don't want to be sick either.

Okay, so not much to report for now. I'm starting to fit into African life which consists of: just relax, don't worry, and hang out!!!! :) Can't always be asking if there's something to do, because most times there just is not! haha. But, I'm loving it and the people have definitely made it worth it all.

Well, the power has gone out 4 times since being here at the cafe, so I better go before I have to write this all over again. Power outages are just such a normal part of life here.

I will give you my number and you can text anytime, just remember I'm 6 hours ahead of you..hehe. and I think it might cost you 10 cents a text for international. But emails are free, and so are comments :) When you text, just tell me your name too, because I don't know all your numbers..
011 233 547641666

I will post pictures next time !!

ta ta for now :)
Leah

4 comments:

  1. LEAHHH!!! I found you :) Im so glad your there are getting settled in for now! im keeping track of your travels on here! Sounds like your already having fun!

    -J

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully your arrival "gifts" were more exciting than your departure ones.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear you made it safe and sound!! We will keep track of you on your blog!! Keep us updated!!
    xoxo
    Annette & Darryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. You made it...I heard that things are moving right along which is awesome - and it is cool you get to stay at Philip's house. I leave in 37 days which is not very long at all when I consider all I have to do between now and then. Keep up the posts as I'll be following them with great interest. Hi to Philip and family and I'm looking forward to meeting them.

    Clinton

    ReplyDelete