Gross day today.....It's extremely hot here, and I managed to eat something that didn't agree with me yesterday. I woke up multiple times in the night having to run to the bathroom. . . not so fun. So, I spent a lot of the day today lounging around, just relaxing. I don't feel like eating, but had some of their "medicine" so they call it! haha. Philip mixed up some Coke and water, so basically tasteless pop..lol. It seemed to actually make my stomach feel better. I was taking pepto bismol, and gravol as well! Yuck,. But slowly I think I'm recovering.
Last night a Sister worker from South Af
So, yesterday I also got to try something for the first time. So they eat a certain food here that we don't have. It's kinda like playdough consistency but made of corn flour, or plantane and yam mixed up..., it's called Kenkey, Banku or FuFu. They are all varieties. I didn't like the Kenkey, but the Banku is good, and then tonight we are trying Fufu. But, the thing is that you have to eat it with your hands. SO...back to being a little kid and playing with your food :) So you ta
Tonight there is a "football" game..(soccer) so us kids will be going to watch that I'm sure :) They are quite big into their soccer here as you may know.
Nothing else to report, I'm being well taken care of, miss you all, but am having loads of fun here.
Thx mom for news on Grandpa. Hope all goes well, keep me updated.
Anyways, I'm still trying everything to get pictures up. I tried making them way smaller, but to no avail.
I will as soon as I can I promise!!
g'night from Accra....
Hey Leah, sounds like you are having a great time, except for the stomach trouble. Hopefully things get sorted out quickly. G & I have had a great w/e away and are just on our way home. Had heaps of fun and good weather so can't complain. It is amazing how the weeks are ticking down. Take care and see you soon.
ReplyDeleteCL
Enjoying your blog so far!! Glad you're having a good time and have had the opportunity to meet Philip's mom this time! Sorry you've been sick! Nothing like being sick to make you wish for the comforts of home eh? I'm so glad you're being well taken care of! Hello to Philip and his family from us! We're heading up to kelowna on the weekend to prepare for S's wedding!! Hard to believe there's just a week and a half left before she's a Mrs! Whew!
ReplyDeleteAnyway, take care Leah! Sure glad you're enjoying yourself!
L,R and kidlets!
Hi Leah & Philip:
ReplyDeleteWe are finally getting a few days in a row that's not raining, etc.
Kalvin & Jessica came to Kelowna for the long wk-end and camped up at Beaver Lake. Saturday Uncle Dave & Auntie Dianne, Jeremy & Sherri & kids, and myself went up. (Uncle Ken stayed home). We had rain, snow, hail, sun and every other kind of weather can you have! - all in one day!! Anyways we had it all. We snuggled up to the camp fire - so hearing about the heat in Ghana - would be nice if you could share :)
It's hard to believe that the wedding is just 10 days away. Shauna left for Calgary this morning to help Cam move to his mom & dads - they are both planning to come back to Kelowna on Friday (28th) She finished work here in Kelowna on Monday (24th).
We had our last Gsp. Mtg. on Sunday - it was so nice. Had 1 profess - I'm not sure what her name is - but I thinks she's Mrs. Labocane's daughter - we don't know her. Hard to believe that conventions are just around the corner.
Your dad, Auntie Dianne & I are going to meet John & Lois at Dr. Carrillo's office mid June - so that will be fun. I think we might even get a day at Universal Studios with them.
Better go - I tend to get chatty when you're so far away.
Grandpa Halbert is doing ok. He gets really tired - has his CAT scan scheduled for June 11th. Debbie & Shanna spent the week end here with them, as well as Ryan & Rochelle & kids - so that was nice. They left Monday afternoon.
Gerry & Bonnie are coming on Thursday - then I will take Grandma out shopping - she wanted to get something for the wedding.
Better run - or you won't be able to read this all before the power goes out!!
Too bad you had a couple of bad days - things can only get better. Hope you get feeling better fast!
Hello to all your family too Philip. Feels like we're getting to know them already!
Miss you here!!
Love
Uncle Ken & Auntie Donna