Monday, February 7, 2011

Made it!!! :)

Hello everyone,

I MADE IT !!!! And Philip was there to meet me :) :)

Well I had not too bad flights over to Ghana. They were both fairly
empty so I had a few seats to myself and was able to get a little sleep.
Well it's hot here!! I don't know how to tell how much different it is
from last time, but this is their hot season here. I am not
complaining though :)

We had fun hanging out Saturday with everyone. Was good to see them
all again. Then we had my favorite food, which they have every
Saturday. It's called fufu! It's cassava mixed with yam and pounded
and served with a soup! Yumm!! :). ( I think that's what it is made
of..but nothing like we hve at home)

We then went over to see the brothers (Colm and Allan) at the Bach and
delivered their requests :) .... some chocolate!!

Then on sunday.. We had union meetings in Abecka- about a half hour
bus ride. Then we came back home and had lunch, relaxed and then
headed out for Gospel meeting, came home and had supper... Days are
full here :)

Today I got to sleep in a bit, had breakfast, laze around, and then we
jumped on a bus and went into town. We went for snacks at a
restaurant, and then went to a little spot along the ocean and sat for
a while. Then we went for a walk along the water. Was really nice!
Came home, had supper, and then some visiting :)

I have to say, having nothing but fun!!! :)
I was gonna put up pictures but I didn't get to the cafe yet, I'm just
updating from my phone, but wanted to let you all know I'm safe n
sound :)

Anyways, miss you all, but I'm being well taken care of here!! So I
really done miss being there :)
Allfor now,
Me :)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your blog posting. Sounds like you are in really good company, and the food is very good, what could be better!! Please say a big hello to everyone for us. We are having beautiful days here in the Dominican. We are sorry that we move on today and leave our dear little maid behind, but we will continue to see her.
    Hugs from your Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you made it there safe and sound Leah! I saw your number on my phone (must have been just before you left) but I was still in the hospital at the time. Sounds like you are having an awesome time so far. Hope time doesn't go too fast for you. Look forward to hearing more stories!
    Hugs from the 4 Olssons!

    ReplyDelete