You all know that it's easier to tell the story in photos, but it takes longer at the cafe... so I will try putting on a few now :)
Wow, actually the connection was really fast today, so I did all these uploads in 10 mins :) Wow. Sometimes Africa surprises me haha. Now just to label them all and send them off to you ..
Well, here's us :) :)

Philip getting a haircut/beard trimming :)

Out for chicken and chips :)

I nearly bought this hat, I like it, it has the flag colors, but it didn't fit quite right..I'm still looking for another one!

We went to the beach :) La Tawala!! It's a little spot selling food, has music and hang out right on the beach. I have been here in the evening before, but I had not been in the day.


It's not exactly a beach for swimming, it's way too rocky, but it's really nice scenery though :)


Horses on the beach ?? Yup, they do anything for money! Horse ride anyone?

Yup, got sucked in haha. Philip had never riden before, so was slightly scared, but did quite well.....


......Until the other guy grabbed his reigns and made him start to run! hahaha

Beautiful sunset on the beach

Out and about again. When there's no room in the cab, or when there's no ropes to tie the load, anyone can ride in the back :)

Goats for sale...for food!

Out for lunch... Looks like I'm a train conductor in this hat :) Oh well, it keeps the hair under control. The humidity does take my hair for a ride!

Having food in the Hall. (living room)
Aunti Teiko, Philip, Esther, Ernest
Aunti Teiko, Philip, Esther, Ernest

Esther and Ernest just chilling :)

Ami (Philip's sister) and Esther

My African Sistah's :) :)

Out for a walk one evening

Yesterday we went into town again. It's always exciting and there's always lots to see. Here we stopped in a neat little place called Paloma Hotel. It's pretty much catered to tourists, and there's more white people there than black probably haha. But they had good food. We had rice and chicken here, and they have a special - rice, chicken and drink for 6 Cedis. . This is about $4 Canadian. So, not bad.

Unique little spot, all decorated and looks cool.

Looks like we're about to be eatten by sharks here, I just noticed haha

Riding the public transit. It's much cheaper, but takes quite a while longer becuase it can't weave in and out of traffic as good as the little tro-tro's. Still, it was 25 pesoas, which might be about 20 cents...

Relaxin...

There you have it!! Sorry it took a week to get photos, but I suppose it's because this first week I was enjoying time spent with Philip and his family, and keeping busy.
I snuck away, while Philip was doing his laundry. Now I have to go back soon, in time to shower and get ready to go to watch a big football (soccer) match. Manchester United, Philip's Number 1 team is about to play in 45 mins.. :) :)
Hi to all, and thanks for some of your comments !!
Keep em coming!
Love Leah..


Love the pictures Leah. I can see that Philip likes to go trotting on horseback!!
ReplyDeleteWe had a trip up into the hills today for a Gospel meeting. Had to cross the river 4 times on the way and 3 times on the way home. The cool water was really welcome as it was a really hot and muggy day here. Loving our time in the Dominican. Hope you continue to have wonderful days in Accra.
Loads of love, Mom and Dad