I feel like I've been neglecting you poor followers here... but I will give you some more pics to look at :) They will tell the story of what I'm up to these past few days.
Uncle Tetteh ( Philip's dad) has a mango farm. He went and bought home a truck load of them. These Mango's are MUCH nicer and Bigger than those we get at home. Her'e a few pics o them.
Just a few were brought home to sell.


Ymmy and Juicy :)
I mentioned that I like the seed, and I've been eating mango seeds ever since :). Every mango cut has the seed with my name on it :) But that's okay, there's a lot of fruit on the seed.
We went to the mill the other day, to get some corn milled into flour. This is the very "old"" machine that takes care of it for us. The corn is soad in water a while to soften, and then brought to the mill.

This is the result. Now this is damp corn powder..and it is left to "ferment" overnight or longer to the perfect condition. Then froze until used. They use this to make the porrige & banku(dough made and ate with your hands and dipped in a sauce of some sort).

Uncle Tetteh (Vincent) is very fond of his Maringa not sure the spelling, but it's the leaves of a special tree, crushed and then it is used to make tea. It is said to cure what ails ya. This can be almost anything :) So, this is Uncle Tetteh and Auntie Betty removing all the branches and stems out of the dried leaves.


A family friend came by, and Uncle T was enjoying a little ride on his "ladies" bike :) "did you see the basket and the style of bike? It's a ladies bike" :) :)
Sunday after meeting.. I loved Auntie Betty's material, so had to get a photo of it.

My sistah's again :)
Auntie Teiko in her nice Sunday outfit :)


road side selling

Coconuts for sale from the little cart

One day last week, Esther and I spent the afternoon at this lovely pool at La Palm hotel. It's beautiful. Like you left Ghana for a minute and went inside another country :)


On our way home, we stopped and saw where Ami works in this little shop for their neighbor.

Drving along the road you see anything. Here's a big Muslim Mosque.

US :)

Out to lunch :)

A bicycle anyone?? probably only for spare parts..

Some poor person's house... :(

These oranges along the road are very yummy- and , they're only 20 pesoas, whihc is about 15 cents :)

All shops have the most interesting names..

someone bought a chicken, so he's making it ready for them

Selling suitcases

On our way to the beautiful Bojo Beach..

And we arrived. Again, a little hidden secret :) Beautiful !!
This is a place that has a little island that you have to take a boat across to and then you can do your beaching there :) 
The Beautiful spot :)




A guy on the beach was selling this fish. It looked like a sting ray, but also sorta like a shark..he wasnted 20 cedis for it, which is about 15 dollars.


I could have spent all day here, it was gorgeous. Ghana has GREAT BEACHES :)

Some ladies coming to sell.


Sunday after meeting.. I loved Auntie Betty's material, so had to get a photo of it.

My sistah's again :)
Ami on left, and Esther on right.


Auntie Teiko in her nice Sunday outfit :)
Out and about around town.


road side selling

Coconuts for sale from the little cart
Eggs in crates, ready for the ladies to pick up and take to sell along the traffic. They carry about 4-8 crates on their heads!!
I can spot an x-ray clinic anywhere :)

One day last week, Esther and I spent the afternoon at this lovely pool at La Palm hotel. It's beautiful. Like you left Ghana for a minute and went inside another country :)


On our way home, we stopped and saw where Ami works in this little shop for their neighbor.

Drving along the road you see anything. Here's a big Muslim Mosque.

US :)

Out to lunch :)

A bicycle anyone?? probably only for spare parts..

Some poor person's house... :(
This little girl is being a good girl and cleaning the top of this fan :) Probably just bored, but keeps her busy ;)

These oranges along the road are very yummy- and , they're only 20 pesoas, whihc is about 15 cents :)

All shops have the most interesting names..

someone bought a chicken, so he's making it ready for them
One evening, we had a get together to welcome and meet the new bother worker from Nigeria, his name is Sholla. He was on his way to Liberia, so we had a sing, snacks and drinks at the brothers batch.
Just in case you need to be reminded..haha

Selling suitcases
School kids in uniform

On our way to the beautiful Bojo Beach..

And we arrived. Again, a little hidden secret :) Beautiful !!
This is a place that has a little island that you have to take a boat across to and then you can do your beaching there :) 
On the boat across. The guy used the long pole to push us across the short distance.
The Beautiful spot :)




A guy on the beach was selling this fish. It looked like a sting ray, but also sorta like a shark..he wasnted 20 cedis for it, which is about 15 dollars.


I could have spent all day here, it was gorgeous. Ghana has GREAT BEACHES :)

Some ladies coming to sell.
We went to the airport to wait and welcome in a few more workers. From left, our waiting group.. Colm, Iona, Florence, and Esther.
From Left: Florence, Colm, Theresa, Esther, Iona, Leontine, and Yves.

Some school children in uniform. They are so cute :)
Well, there you have it. Lots has happened since, but I was slow in putting these up, so I'll put some more up at a later date.

Well, there you have it. Lots has happened since, but I was slow in putting these up, so I'll put some more up at a later date.Hope everyone is doing good back at home. It seems like my time here has sped past in fast forward, but I'm enjoying every bit of it! I only have 5 more days left :( boo hoo! And I'm sure they'll go faster. But, I am definitely enjoying it and making the most of it :)
Take care, and see you all in a week or so probably.
love from me :)








Thank you for updating us! pictures are great! -Jaylin
ReplyDelete