Here is what the shower looks like.. Each person has their own "sponge"/color, and I tell you these are the best scrubbies ever! A shower never feels as good as when you are scrubbing the dirt and sweat off your skin in Africa :)
Aug.16, 2011 Marked two years for Philip and I. We went out to a fancy hotel/restaurant for supper and the evening. This is Philip enjoying his food :)
Not sure how I'm going to eat all this :)
Very good evening. Was good food, good times, and good fun!
Some American foods and some traditional.
After supper, we went out by the pool to try take some pictures of us. The lighting was beautiful, but the man we asked to take the pics wasn't so good, so we had to set up the self timer, and this is the result. Philip had some fancy footwork to run back and forth in the 10 seconds :) But, hey, we got some nice pics!
After supper, we went out by the pool to try take some pictures of us. The lighting was beautiful, but the man we asked to take the pics wasn't so good, so we had to set up the self timer, and this is the result. Philip had some fancy footwork to run back and forth in the 10 seconds :) But, hey, we got some nice pics!
Inside the hotel.
Us again...note the 2-- 2 years for us ;)
We survived 2 years and still happy :)
Out for lunch one last time before I left. We shared this beef burger and chicken stir fry. It was super duper good. However, the beef patty inside the bun was hiding-it was about half the size of the bun :)
Our little friend Benadicta, and Philip
Out for lunch one last time before I left. We shared this beef burger and chicken stir fry. It was super duper good. However, the beef patty inside the bun was hiding-it was about half the size of the bun :)
Stopped for a snack in the afternoon :) There's always time for Coke and kabobs :)
The markets again. Philip is great, he is so patient with me in the markets while I try and get the cheapest price :) Even though they always want him to help them get a better price and rip me off! haha. We have lots of fun bargaining in the markets.
I'm not sure if you will be able to understand what this picture is, but it was hilarious....this man's shirt had the collar of his shift around his neck, and shreds of the shirt left around it..haha, quite a site. I was in a bus driving by, so couldn't get a great picture.
Auntie Betty and Uncle Tetteh had to leave to go to convention in Togo, the day before I left, so I was starting my goodbyes early. Hard to see them go. They are like my parents away from my parents :)
Later that day, I decided that I would try get my hair braided.....
While we were having our snack, the people kept coming around and trying to sell me stuff. I did buy some wooden spoons from this lady. These wooden spoons are like none we have at home :) Not gonna break stirring something thick, that's for sure!
The markets again. Philip is great, he is so patient with me in the markets while I try and get the cheapest price :) Even though they always want him to help them get a better price and rip me off! haha. We have lots of fun bargaining in the markets.
On our way back home from our day of 'marketing' :)
I'm not sure if you will be able to understand what this picture is, but it was hilarious....this man's shirt had the collar of his shift around his neck, and shreds of the shirt left around it..haha, quite a site. I was in a bus driving by, so couldn't get a great picture.
Auntie Betty and Uncle Tetteh had to leave to go to convention in Togo, the day before I left, so I was starting my goodbyes early. Hard to see them go. They are like my parents away from my parents :)
Later that day, I decided that I would try get my hair braided.....
And....3 HOURS LATER!!!! It was "FINALLY" finished!
There were a few things I wanted to buy before going home, so Auntie Teiko took me into town one last time. Here she is bargaining for some fish, which we ate later in the day with Fufu.
Some pots and pans for sale, all in one big area.
Smoked Tuna, another fish that doesn't have an English name :)
Some pots and pans for sale, all in one big area.
Later in the afternoon, I found Auntie Teiko like this....Sometimes sleep hits you, and you just have to sleep wherever you are, even on her sewing cutting table :)
The last day...relaxing with Esther, Fifi and Ami
Admiring my hair :) It took so long, I had to be sure I liked it. I guess it's okay :) They did it so tight, and so perfectly!
Well, there you have it! I left Ghana on Aug. 20, 2011 and am now back in Fernie. I went back to work on the 23rd, and have been working full time since then. Have to save money for my next visit ;) I'm just hoping that Philip can come to Canada before I have to go there again! I think it's his turn eh?!?! :)
Thanks to you all for following. I have a few pics left from the airport and getting home, but I will put them on another time, they're still on my camera, I haven't put them on my computer yet. So, you'll get maybe one more post! :)
Bye for now,
Leah
Love the braided hair ~ suits you!
ReplyDeleteNelson & Adrienne