Wednesday, August 10, 2011

August 2011



Hello All,
Sorry, there was a slight problem, and I guess there were only a few words written on the blog. I lost connection, and then didn't have access to fix it up. Sorry about that. Here's a few pics from recently.

This little cutie came to visit in the yard, and refused to let me put her down. I tried to sit down, after having here on my back a while, and she grumbled and crawled back on my back...so, Auntie Teiko went and got me a cloth and then I could carry her and do the things I needed to do also.



They have some of the coolest skies here. I think I've used a pic like this last time I was here, but I am impressed with it every time.

A market in town

These ladies were selling multiple things from their bodies ;)

Fruit and veggies at the market

Yes these are snails, and yes some people eat them !

It was quite a shock to see this Bentley amongst those on the market street

This was the "putting up the convention tent" operation :)


My dear friend Mariam

This is our friend Eunice's baby girl, Ylona :)
She's a sweetie, and she quite likes Philip..she has good taste in men hehe :)

The little cutie and myself

This is Eunice and her baby Ylona and I

My beautiful sistah Ami

We were out and about one day, shopping, and saw this little girl. Now she was "cold." Not sure how it was possible, as we were sweating all day :)

This is the sign in the bathroom at the mall, thought it was comical :)

We went up to a little village to have the baptism before the convention.
This is my little friend Yvonne and I. I love her little hat :)


This was the lovely bus that took all the workers to and from the village.
It was pink, but it was a ride regardless of the color :)

Uncle Zagba (Philip's Uncle, Vincent's brother) and Uncle Vincent. Zagba came for a visit. He comes to Ghana on business, and lives in England.

The start of the visitors arriving to the convention grounds. Many visits had around the table.

Look close, you see how much my auntie Teiko loves me :) :) haha And I love her too!

My other sistah, Esther

Here is Uncle Zagba, Teye, and Auntie Nana (from London). They both are working in Ghana at the present so came to visit the family.

Loving cousins.. Fifi and Ami

The Sisters / Sister-in-laws
Auntie Betty, Auntie Teiko, and Auntie Nana

A view of the street. Look how many busses are on the roads..it's crazy sometimes

Sometimes you see the wildest things, walking down the street :)
Take up thy tree and walk....

These boys were sharing some food in the early morning. Heavy food for breakfast keeps you going all day long.. Ernest, Philip and Matey

There you have it.. Convention pics are to follow :)

Thanks to you all for your comments as well. It's amazing how many people from all over have an interest in following my trips :) Thanks again.
Hello to you Adrienne and Nelson from New Zealand too, and thanks for your comments :)

Not quite a week left, and tears have already started. However, I will enjoy it, and I'll be back home soon. Hi to All :)
Leah



1 comment:

  1. Awesome pics Leah! Hard to believe your time is almost up :( We will be happy to have you home though! Everyone looks super happy!
    Miss you lots!
    Hugs, Lisa

    ReplyDelete