Convention came and went. We had very good meetings and great visits with old friends. I have been lucky enough to have had 3 conventions here in Dansoman, Accra in the past 2 years. I enjoy it oh so much. I'll let the pictures do the rest of the talking.. I'm sorry but these are mostly pictures of people that many of you won't know, but I think you'll still enjoy them.
Uncle Sam helping stir the Banku for supper
(this is a rare sight, the boys don't cook too much)
Eunice had to change baby Ylona, and she had her helpers, Ami and Esther, however I don't think they knew how to help much :) they were being so careful as if she was going to break.
Doing the dishes, a good social event :)
Doing the dishes, a good social event :)
My little friends :)
The place setup for meeting
Some of the older ladies visiting
Relaxing between the meetings
Nadia Adadjo (from Togo) and I
Me and my girls
The meetings have finished, and now just visiting outside the gate.
Some of the Brothers,
Tom McGivern, Stephen Akligo, Mervyn Hill, Benjamin Adadjo
Yours Truly :)
My Buddy Jamaica and I
Eunice and Ylona
Yves and some of the kids :)
Uncle Allan and his little Friends,
Seetu and Yvonne
Philip and his friend Yvonne
The meetings have finished, and now just visiting outside the gate.
Lorne Moore and I
Canadian Buddies!
An attempt at a family photo of the Oyortey's. Some missing, some extras,
Auntie Florence Webb, and some of the girls :)
David was in Ghana doing some school, and came over to Accra for the meetings.
Some of the Togo ladies with Auntie Florence
Some of the Brothers,
Tom McGivern, Stephen Akligo, Mervyn Hill, Benjamin Adadjo
Yours Truly :)
My Buddy Jamaica and I
Prince and Eunice's baby, Ylona
Eunice and Ylona
She is not at all shy, and only 4 months old. Such a cutie.
Yves and some of the kids :)
Another group of people
Uncle Allan and his little Friends,
Seetu and Yvonne
Prisca and Myself
The boys and I ;)
Matey, Prince, Jamaica, Michael
The boys were bugging Fifi to take a picture of the tag on his shoes, but I snuck a picture. Not really sure why he wants to keep it there a while, but we don't ask, just take it as it is :)
Uncle Sam and myself before he left for Tema
Florence Terreberry(Canada), Lorpu Koiwood(Liberia)
Me and my kids :)
Monday morning, Everyone leaving back home, Togo, Benin..
One of the friends from Benin brought a bunch of Crabs for Uncle Vincent. He is keeping them to feed and get bigger before they become "crab soup!"
Having the sing song Sunday night after convention, while we wait for supper to be cooked.
Uncle Sam and myself before he left for Tema
Rosanne Covlin(Canada), Klinton Jacques(Canada), Ann Quinn (Ireland)
Florence Terreberry(Canada), Lorpu Koiwood(Liberia)
Me and my kids :)
On Porridge duty!
Ami, Me, Auntie Betty, Esther
Monday morning, Everyone leaving back home, Togo, Benin..
Before the Workers left Mon. Morning, we had to be sure to get our CANADIAN picture :)
Rosanne Covlin, Lorne Moore, Myself, Klinton Jacques, Janelle Quist, Florence Terreberry
Piling into the van, on route to Togo
Piling into the van, on route to Togo
Saying our goodbyes
I nearly forgot to take pics of the girls sleeping tent, so they were almost all packed out, but here's where they slept. Many girls were in here, under their nets :)
No comments:
Post a Comment