Thursday, March 8, 2012

Time to share again

Hello again,

I know most of you know I'm home already, but I got busy and didnt' update my blog as I should while in Ghana.. There might be some of you wanting to watch the rest of my trip, so for you faithful followers, I'll share the last few weeks of my time in Ghana.


 Philip and I went for food one day, this was his meal, Banku, Tilapia and sauce

After lunch we walked on the rocks by the ocean.  We have been here before, and like to go back to places we like.  This is a quite place, where you can just look at the waves crash against the rocks.

All the boats out at sea, it's quite beautiful.

Us :)

Fifi, Me and Esther one evening

My turn to try on the wig :) my new style, Esther thougth it was suitable for me ;)

Auntie Betty celebrated her birthday while I was there, so we had cake. 
Uncle Tetteh helped her blow out the candles :)


The birthday party...with mango, donuts, cake, good food :)

The two little neighbor kids, Ama and Fi :)

We went "again" to Bojo Beach.  This is the place I love to go.  Philip knows this, so he is always so kind to ask me if I want to go there "again." :)  He is taking in the view here...

His cousin from the UK, Imhotep (Imo) came to visit, so we took him to our favorite spot as well. 
Imo and Philip playing in the waves..

While we were at the beach, we saw a bunch of fishermen bringing in their net.  It was very interesting.  They didn't get a huge catch, but I imagine a few "cedis" (dollars) would even pay for their work.



Fish, and even a crab :)

Then they have to bring in the net neatly, check it for holes, and fold it up
so it's ready to go for the next cast.

And away they go, to throw it out again

A bunch of school kids passed us by on the beach as we were leaving. 
I love the colors and this picture a lot.

Looking back at the beach where we spent the day.

While we were walking back to the main road, we heard a bunch of noise.. I thought it was a rally or something to promote a product as they sometimes do, but this time, we saw a bunch of young men carrying a casket.  This was a funeral procession.  They were singing songs and taking the body to the cemetary a few hundred yards down the road.  Truly a village funeral.   Those with a bit more money, are able to hire a car to carry the casket.

One day while walking in town, I saw this site.   This poor lady has had a hard day.  She is sleeping, as well as the baby on her back is sleeping. The child beside them is awake, but it doesn't keep these two from catchign a few zzzz's :)

There seems to be a bit of a problem if you will, with the people from Chad coming to Ghana and begging.  These are a few of their beautiful children at the window of our taxi, in traffic, begging for money.  The parents sit a ways back, and send the kids to collect.  If they are given money, they are called immediately and it's given to the Mother or Father.  It's hard not to give to them, as the children really are beautiful.


Another installment of the rest of the trip will come again soon. 
All for now,
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment