Well, hello to my faithful followers, I am alive and well in Dansoman, Accra, Ghana :)
I had good flights, all my luggage arrived, and my lovely Philip was there at the airport to pick me up. We got a taxi back home, and arrived at the house around 10:30. Most were in bed, or in the house, but they came out to greet me ;) I love this family :)
Anyways, we have been keeping busy. Each day we either go into town, go to some place, or just hang out here at the house. I can say I have enjoyed every day!!!
Here's our first adventure...for those of you who have watched the blog before, this will look familiar, as this is our favorite.... Bojo Beach...
Us before we went on the little boat across to the island.
Going over in the boat, the man behind Philip is pushing us with a big long stick, kinda like the canal rides in Venice :)
On the island, enjoying the ocean breeze.
Beautiful white sand beaches :)



Looking at all the cool sea shells there were on the beach because of low tide. I even managed to find a few to keep, and a really cool sand dollar all in one piece :)
These men were pulling on this net, bringing it in from the ocean for more than two hours. We were hoping to see all the fish they would bring in, but it took them too long!
:)
We even found a "western" restaurant. I think this is the only western chain restaurant there is here in Ghana. KFC, served us some delicious fried chicken ;)
Ami, (Philips beautiful sister) and I. She was going back to her school which is a couple hours from here. She is studying Nursing there.
Valentines day was a nice day! We went for lunch while we were out and about in town. Had some pizza at this open air restaurant.
Then in the evening, we went out for some nice "Indian" food. Surprisingly it wasn't bad. We stuck to the normals, butter chicken and beef korma. I don't enjoy anything too hot, and we weren't sure what else to order from the huge menu. Anyways, it was a good night. I am a lucky girl to be spoiled by this boy :)
So here's the comments: He!! He!! Thanks for the update on your blog. Love the pics and so good to see a HAPPY couple again. Enjoy every day to the full.
ReplyDeleteLoads of love,
Mom and Dad